Week 12: World…meet Manhunt!

Manhunt on show as a rough cut

Last week we showed Manhunt to the world (or a bunch of fellow students and Jonathan!) for the first time. It was good to get some independent feedback on our film because I had spent so many hours trawling through the footage, adding effects, to-ing and fro-ing, that it was good to get a different perspective.

Some of the advice we took on board was:

  • shorten some of the clips, such as the one of Rob bobbing his head up and down from behind a car in a comical fashion
  • lose the scene of the car entering the carpark – it adds nothing
  • add a few more special effects, such as flame from the gun in the final scene
  • fix the titles and credits

I spent quite some while creating rolling credits and trying different effects for the opening credits in Premiere. In the end I deleted the credits I’d created in Premiere and redid them in After Effects so that I could animate them and sync them with the theme music. They probably run a bit quickly for that reason, but I think they fulfil the requirements of the assignment better than had I left the Premiere titles in place. I also added some kinetic text to the mid-way scene where the words “difficult, but not impossible” are narrated as part of the music, because this added to the sense of the assassin hunting his prey.

Finally, we had our film ready to upload to Vimeo and present to fellow students as part of the Media & Communications student exhibition at Swinburne on 4 June 2014.

Below are some images to demonstrate activities during this period.

One of many Premiere versions of the opening credits

One of many Premiere versions of the opening credits

After consideration I redid the titles in After Effects, much jazzier!

The final iteration of titles in Premiere, soon after this I redid the titles in After Effects, much jazzier!

Creating kinetic text to mirror the audio "difficult, but not impossible" in Adobe After Effects

Creating kinetic text to mirror the audio “difficult, but not impossible” in Adobe After Effects

Kinetic text in production in Adobe After Effects

Kinetic text in production in Adobe After Effects

Here she is in all her glory...Manhunt, effects added, edits complete, sound in place...ready to export as an H.264 / 1080p MP4 file, then import into Vimeo.

Here she is in all her glory…Manhunt, effects added, edits complete, sound in place…ready to export as an H.264 / 1080p MP4 file, then import into Vimeo. 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s